Title: Data Analyst
Organization: UMass Medical School
Brief Summary of Position:
Under the general supervision of the department head, or designee, the Data Analyst will conduct data analyses and develop/ produce all related reports. This position will provide information to leadership regarding state of the art data management systems and opportunities to enhance analyses, system integration and related databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop data collection instruments, databases and procedure manuals based on thorough knowledge of data files, related databases, and systems integration
- Design and implement data management and quality control procedures, including writing technical requirements and documentation of data sets
- Participate in project meetings related to data analysis and management
- Produce and report data analysis reports. May be required to provide tabular and graphic summaries of analyses in a form suitable for inclusion in manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals as well as for presentation at scientific meetings
- Conduct in-depth analysis of project data, performing computations with a high degree of independence
- Ensure accuracy of reports by data review and resolving discrepancies internally for assigned reports
- Provide interpretation of data to senior management
- Provide periodic reports to management regarding status of assigned projects and recommend corrective actions when necessary
- Schedule, plan, coordinate, and review project activities related to data
Review and monitor compliance with the federal and state regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health sciences, or a related field or equivalent
4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to research issues and resources; basic record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, journal articles and/ or other technical documents.
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.