Title: Health Care Facilities Architectural Engineer
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality are seeking experienced applicants for the role of Health Care Facilities Architectural Engineer. Our ideal candidate is a team player who will be responsible for analyzing project plans in accordance with all compliance and architectural/engineering standards while ensuring project performance, construction design, engineering support and plans coordination for various health care facilities throughout the Commonwealth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, analyzes, and approves architectural and engineering plans in order to ensure that health care facilities are designed in accordance with applicable construction standards.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard architectural engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement and best practices.
- Prepares and communicates appropriate correspondence to architects, engineers, designers, and health care providers to address any code-related deficiencies noted during plan reviews.
- Responds to staff/applicant inquiries regarding the status of all projects under review.
- Provides technical engineering expertise and consultation to staff, responding to specific licensure/certification questions and concerns during the plan review process.
- Processes all necessary forms and data entries in order to record project timelines and metrics.
- Conducts site visits of new long term care facilities for initial licensure to ensure compliance with the approved plans.
- Reviews all documentation associated with physical plant waiver requests and make appropriate recommendations to other departmental staff.
- Generates reports, metrics, or other documentation necessary, while informing departmental staff.
- Performs other related duties such as facilitating meetings, providing recommendations, and maintaining records.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a four (4) year accredited Engineering program with emphasis on architectural engineering.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and architectural design, and application of general engineering concepts.
- Critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Aptitude with technology and general/technical report writing practices.
- General understanding of interior construction including architectural elements, lighting, electrical, HVAC, concepts of structural design and use of appropriate building codes.
- Capacity to multitask and manage several projects at one time.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues and external constituents.
- Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Capacity to maintain accurate records and exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.