Title: Director of Capacity Building
Organization: Groundwork USA
Brief Summary of Position:
Groundwork USA seeks a Director of Capacity Building to lead its programs to support community-based strategies advancing equity, health, and resilience in low-income neighborhoods across the nation. The Director of Capacity Building reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for innovation and strategy development as well as the leadership of existing program areas.
The preferred location for this position is Boston/Lawrence, Massachusetts, or New York City/Yonkers, New York. Remote work arrangements from other locations will be considered. This is a full-time position, but a less than full-time (such as 0.8 FTE) schedule will be considered on a transitional basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of staff and consultants in providing direct technical assistance, hosting workshops and training programs, presenting webinars, and producing tools and resources for practitioners.
- Developing new programs and projects.
- Representing Groundwork USA in national partnerships and diverse public settings.
- Through blog posts, articles, reports, grant proposals and other communications,
advancing the state of practice and building support for Groundwork USA’s work.
- Supervising and mentoring staff and nurturing a collaborative, high-performance culture in a geographically dispersed team.
- Effectively handling budget development, grant administration, project management, contracting and reporting.
- Contributing to Groundwork USA’s continued progress as an inclusive, culturally
- An understanding of challenges, meaningful community engagement practices and ways to effect positive change in marginalized communities, together with an ability to effectively engage individuals working on the ground in distant locations.
- An innovative, strategic orientation that enables Groundwork USA to achieve everincreasing impact.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and a sense of humor
- At least 6-8 years of relevant professional experience
- Master’s degree in a field such as urban/regional planning or environmental policy is preferred
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.