Title: Manager of Data Analysis and Integrity
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to assist in developing, implementing and leading performance management, accountability and quality improvement programs for the Bureau.
The Manager of Data Analysis and Integrity oversees the work of division teams in providing technical assistance, consultation, data analysis, planning support, and performance measurement across the Bureau, in collaboration with the Department, and in partnership with health care facilities, organizations, other public health agencies and external stakeholders. The position will provide operational management and analytic oversight to ensure that public health and health care activities are coordinated within the Bureau and across the Department.
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree with a major in public health, epidemiology, microbiology, environmental health, or other health-related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring reliability and validity of data elements collected.
- Preparation and presentation of descriptive and analytic reports.
- Identification and employment of appropriate statistical methods to analyze reported data.
- Leading, overseeing and conducting data analysis for the Bureau.
- Collaborating with national, state, and community partners on various quality and performance focused work groups and learning communities.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Principles and practices of epidemiology.
- Research methods and techniques followed in epidemiology.
Ideal candidate must have demonstrated ability with:
- Conducting computer-based data analysis using SAS and/or R, Access and Excel.
- Preparing descriptive and analytic reports.
- Implementing mechanisms to monitor and evaluate programs for effectiveness and quality.
- Data analysis and interpretation in order to inform policy decisions.
- Working under specified deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Communicating clearly, concisely, logically, accurately and persuasively in written, verbal and visual formats in internal, external and public settings.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here.