Title: Regional Early Intervention Specialist
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Regional Early Intervention Specialist monitors and evaluates early intervention programs for compliance with standards and regulations through review, observation, and inspection of staff and facilities; provides technical assistance on program implementation and consultation to program staff, families, community groups, and other agencies on early intervention issues; investigates complaints and alleged violations of laws, rules, and regulations by early intervention programs; reviews and analyzes data concerning assigned early intervention programs; prepares reports; compiles data; and performs related work as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates assigned early intervention programs for compliance with standards and regulations by conducting on-site inspections of facilities; by evaluating qualifications of staff; by monitoring program and policy compliance with standards and regulation; by compiling data and written reports of findings regarding the certification and operation of early intervention programs and facilities.
- Provides technical assistance and consultation to current and potential early intervention providers by interpreting and explaining standards, regulations, certification procedures and program implementation.
- Maintains files and records of programs within assigned region.
- Develops and conducts in-service training programs, workshops, conferences, seminars for early intervention providers, families receiving early intervention services, state and community groups.
- Assists in the formation of statewide policy concerning standards and regulation of early intervention services through participation in task forces and other groups.
- Investigates cases of non-compliance by service providers with standards and regulations and develops action plan for correction of problems.
- Experience with Infant & Toddler Development and Family Centered Care
- Experience with Massachusetts Early Intervention System
- Ability to facilitate training and technical assistance both locally and state wide
- Experience in project management of internal initiatives
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and pay attention to detail
- Proficiently use Microsoft office applications
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Willingness to Travel
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here