Title: Director of Licensing
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Quality Assurance and Licensing Unit (QAAL) Director plans and administrates the licensing system and compliance monitoring for the Bureau of Substance Addiction Services (BSAS); plans and formulates all policies regarding standards, guidelines and regulations which impact the provision and quality of more than 300 substance addiction services purchased and/or regulated by BSAS and approximately 1300 licensed alcohol and drug counselors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The QAAL Director hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff; administrates and supervises all client, state, or other complaints and investigations pertaining to any licensed program or person.
- The QAAL Director’s responsibilities include regulations governing inpatient and outpatient detoxification, substance addiction outpatient treatment, methadone, acupuncture, residential, transitional care, short-term intensive treatment, and family residential licensure.
- The QAAL Director oversees the SAMHSA-designated State Methadone Authority, and ensures the responsibilities of that position are carried out within the scope of the Bureau’s and Department’s mission with regard to the regulatory and programmatic oversight of methadone and other medication assisted treatment services.
- The QAAL Director also oversees the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Licensing Unit, which is responsible for the licensing and compliance monitoring of approximately 1300 alcohol and drug counselors, and the Complaint Investigation Unit that is responsible for resolving complaints for licensed and funded services.
- Licensing responsibilities are mandated in M.G.L. Chapter 111B, Chapter 111E and Chapter 111J specified in CMR 160-165. As the regulatory content expert, the QAAL Director works intra-Bureau and Department and inter-agency on policy, quality assurance, joint grant initiatives, and programmatic issues governing the establishment of substance addiction treatment services and enhancing the substance addiction treatment workforce.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here