Title: Clinical Laboratory Surveyor
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking a self-motivated professional to perform routine surveying, certification, and licensure activities of laboratories and other health care facilities. Position involves writing of reports specific to survey findings and submitted materials. Position is based in the Boston office, but requires extensive travel due to statewide surveys of laboratories and health care facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and surveys health care facilities to determine if laboratory services are provided in compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of laboratory services and applies findings to the planning and development of programs.
- Recommends licensure and certification of laboratory services through detailed written reports.
- Participates in the development of methods for evaluating health care services as well as related laboratory programs.
- Performs on-site complaint investigations related to laboratory services.
- Provides consultation, guidance and training to facilities, health care professionals and other staff involved in providing laboratory services.
- Provides consultation to laboratories in areas of compliance with regulations and/or improvement of quality services provided.
- Organizes surveys and solicits information from various agencies to compare health care planning and/or projects related to laboratory services.
- Possession of current and valid registration as a Medical Technologist, Medical
- Laboratory Scientist, or equivalent, by a national accrediting agency.
- At least two years (full time or equivalent) of general clinical laboratory experience in a licensed or certified laboratory.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration including terminology and standard abbreviations, uses of equipment, apparatus and materials used in a laboratory.
- General understanding of the factors, trends and problems in providing laboratory services to client groups.
- Familiarity with the laws, rules and regulations governing licensure and accreditation of laboratories.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including general report writing and a demonstrated ability to distill and translate complex concepts into actionable information.
- Capacity to plan and conduct training or instruction and communicate effectively in a precise, understandable manner.
- Competence in resolving problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Exercises discretion with handling of confidential information.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here