Title: Assistant Director of Policy
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality is seeking a qualified individual dedicated to public health, quality of life and safety to support the Bureau’s Offices and Divisions by planning, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring the implementation of key initiatives and mandates.
The Assistant Director of Policy will analyze the impact of statutes, regulations, policies and standards; assess the need to develop new regulations or to revise existing regulations and assess the probable impacts (both programmatic and fiscal) of regulatory change; and develop an implementation strategy to ensure compliance with regulations and statutes. The position also involves managing, organizing, maintaining, and updating existing policies and procedures, as well as evaluating their effectiveness on a continuous basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in public health administration and a thorough understanding of the Massachusetts regulatory and legislative process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes the impact of, and assesses the need to develop or revise, relevant statutes, regulations, policies and standards.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors the implementation of initiatives and mandates for the Bureau’s Divisions and Programs.
- Supports Bureau initiatives around health planning and responses to proposed legislation.
- Oversight and participation in pertinent boards and commissions. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, open meeting law requirements.
Qualifications: Ideal candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Public health administration.
- Medical care systems and organization.
- Massachusetts regulatory and legislative process.
- State and federal regulations governing health care facilities.
- Ideal candidate will preferably possess a Master’s Degree in health care administration, policy, economics, law, business, and/or public administration.
Candidate should have demonstrated ability to/with:
- Work under specified deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, logically, accurately and persuasively in written, verbal and visual formats in internal, external and public settings.
- Understand, apply and interpret the laws, regulations, policies and standards in
- Massachusetts, as well pertinent federal laws and regulations.
- Methods used in the preparation of charts, graphs and tables. Adept with various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here