Title: Data Manager
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Data Manager is responsible for all Women’s Health Network (WHN) data operations including database management, data system support for statistics and evaluation, database warehouse and reporting support. Responsibilities include working with data related to program design, program implementation, billing and financial reporting, service delivery claims processing, surveillance data, and statistics and evaluation reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides detailed Database management and support for all phases of WHN data operations, including data support for WHN evaluation.
- Planning and delivery of extensive reporting requirements involving WHN data that resides in the C3S system as well as the legacy AIS and ESM/EIM systems. These requirements are necessitated by the funding requirements of the Center for
- Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and on-going operational needs. Some of the reports generated include CDC MDE reports, “On-Demand” reports, provider-specific reports, state-wide comparisons, operational and fiscal reports.
- Participates in study planning and initiation data activities e.g., reporting design, database design and data validity design and testing. Plan development efforts in conjunction with management team ensuring application of data standards.
- Responsible for maintenance & creation of SAS programs used for data extracts and reporting.
- Works closely with the program manager and quality assurance staff to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data; carry out data loading/transfer procedures, prepare materials for vendors, prepare ad-hoc data listings and review analysis tables, listings, and figures for consistency and accuracy of WHN data.
- Works closely with evaluation staff to operationalize the requirements necessary for program evaluation. Activities include analytic and reporting data design and delivery to support on-going operations via the C3S system. Other activities include process design and report design that will enable complete integration of financial and clinical data to support program assessments, quality assurance, clinical completeness and other activities like targeted outreach to clients and providers.
- This position will work closely with the program manager of Women’s Health Network, ITS, and Statistics and Evaluation to develop timelines to ensure departmental data management and evaluation objectives are met, as well as develop and update standard operating procedures, departmental guidelines, data standards and other activities to support WHN as needed.
- Assists in technical support, user administration & user onboarding activities for partner organizations.
- Works with vendors and EOHHS IT to troubleshoot application and data related issues.
- A minimum of a BS/BA in a scientific, computing or mathematical discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years experience in data management, database design, or database architecture. Experience creating operational and evaluation reports, preferably in a healthcare environment. Demonstrated experience with data management systems (e.g., SQL Server)
- Experience in business/operational analysis.
- Ability to work interdependently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with medical coding (CPT-4), coding of medications, medical conditions (ICD-9), and medical terminology Preferred]
- Proficiency in SAS and/or JMP (preferred)
- Proficiency in data querying & analysis using SQL and MS Excel
- Advanced EXCEL Proficiency, specifically (pivot tables design)
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here