Title: Impact Norwood Program Director
Organization: Town of Norwood
Brief Summary of Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide professional, administrative and technical duties for the Town of Norwood’s community coalition to prevent youth substance use, Impact Norwood; and all other related work as required.
This position works under the general direction of the Health Department Director coordinating the daily operation of the Drug Free Communities grant. The Program Director will:
- Facilitate coalition communication, data collection, research, and the distribution of materials to the community via media outlets and other engagement opportunities.
- Serve as lead in identifying and evaluate existing policies within the community that address youth access to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD).
- Collaborate with coalition members and related agencies for ongoing assessment and evaluation of processes and initiatives.
- Attend trainings to keep abreast of local and national trends surrounding substance abuse prevention and Public Health policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Public Health or equivalent preferred
- Three to five years’ experience working in the human service or public health field; or, Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of evidence based substance abuse prevention strategies.
- Working knowledge of grant writing, budget preparation and grant management and reporting.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required in order to meet the needs of the Department and program.
- You have experience in office administration in a busy environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
- You have experience in website content maintenance.
- You demonstrate familiarity with health literacy principles.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Town of Norwood Employment Application, resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 27, 2017 to the email below. Please reference Req. #2017-029 on all materials:
Michelle Pizzi, Director of Human Resources