Title: Policy and Integration Manager
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The goal of the Office of Population Health is to bring together resources across DPH and from external partners in order to utilize data to assess, determine, and define best practices that can drive evidence-based, outcomes-driven improvements in health and health equity for communities and populations in MA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages initiatives and projects for the Office of Population Health, ensuring their alignment with OPH strategic priorities. Develops policies, procedures and tools to initiate projects, track deliverables, assess efficacy and propose recommendations.
- Works with staff of ODMOA, OHE, SAP, RVR, other DPH Bureaus, EOHHS, other state agencies, service vendors and other partners to monitor and support implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Works closely with senior management and collaborate with administration and finance to manage the application and implementation of federal grants including coordinating grant applications, managing Prevention Block Grant work plan and reports, and identifying new grant opportunities.
- Manages OPH’s policies and procedures for record retention, request for information, litigation holds and ensure adherence to relevant DPH policies. Works with Legal and relevant Bureaus to draft response to requests for information.
- Leads communications strategy for Office of Population Health. Develop and implement communications strategy integrating population health statistics. Write presentations and briefing documents for the Commissioner and Assistant
- Commissioner. Coordinates between OPH Communications, and DPH Bureaus on standardizing communication of data. Needs a strong understanding of DPH key data sets and ability to translate between data staff and program staff.
Staffs internal and external working groups related to OPH. (ex PHIT, Maternal and
- Child Health working group) and State Health Assessment Advisory Group
- Manages cross bureau efforts on critical, emergent, and priority issues (ex.
- Maternal and Child Health, Opioids, Homelessness)
- Facilitates processes for SHA, SHIP and Strategic Plan including project management, writing narrative sections to ensure Population Health lens is applied to all reports and convening workgroups.
- Supports Assistant Commissioner/Director OPH in integrating health equity lens and data analytics to all DPH programs and publications.
- The preferred candidate has a master’s degree in public health or related field and has experience in both data analytics and public health program development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Understanding of use of data in the public health
- Knowledge of health equity, social determinants and population health
- Strong policy planning skills
- Ability to think clearly and perform effectively under stress and adversity.
- Analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable of various methods used in the preparation of charts, graphs and tables and be adept with various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of budgeting as it relates to program management.
- Ability to determine the proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to accomplish work objectives where few precedents or guidelines are available.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to establish rapport with persons from different ethnic, cultural, and/or economic backgrounds.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here