MPHA is seeking an Executive Director to lead the strategic implementation of MPHA’s goals, resource development strategies, advocacy and communication efforts that will continue to increase our impact statewide, expand policy wins, and build our member-activist network of partners and friends to address important public health concerns affecting the health and wellbeing of Massachusetts families. MPHA is wrapping up a 4-year strategic plan and the new Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors on developing the next plan. We seek a leader who has a commitment to social justice and who understands the reality that health outcomes are determined by social circumstances and governmental policies and that these circumstances must be addressed in order to reduce preventable chronic disease that is particularly prevalent in low income and communities of color.
S/he will have exposure to the following qualifications including but not limited to:
- Must share a passion for MPHA’s values and vision;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- Experienced manager with proven fundraising skills (private and public), budget and financial management, staff supervision and team building;
- Eight (8) or more years of senior management experience in an advocacy or community based organization;
- Proven leadership in and knowledge of the Massachusetts public health system;
- Strong public speaker;
- Keen understanding of community organizing and advocacy;
- Demonstrated communication skills including social media, conference presentations and legislative testimony;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners;
- Must be experienced working in multicultural, inclusive settings;
- Experience in building and expanding organizational memberships as well as community partnerships;
- Advanced Professional Degree in relevant area is preferred but not needed; and
- Experience working across a range of health issues and public policies.