Title: Associate Director, Immunization Program
Organization: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and strategic public health leader to oversee administrative, fiscal, and operational needs while ensuring alignment with the mission, goals, and priorities of the Immunization Program. The Immunization Program is committed to promoting the health of Massachusetts’ citizens by ensuring that all individuals are fully immunized in a timely manner, thereby reducing the burden of vaccine preventable diseases that affect the residents of the Commonwealth.
The DHCFLC is responsible for surveying and inspecting approximately 800 Massachusetts health care facilities and programs certified for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The selected candidate will play a vital role ensuring nursing homes and other health care facilities comply with all state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a health care setting as well as an understanding of regulations and policies that apply to health care facilities in Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 5 years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management of which
- At least 1 year must have been in a project management, supervisory or managerial capacity or-
- Any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions (full list of subistitions on the full job description linked below.)
- Oversee the daily operations of the Immunization Program in accordance with state and federal requirements
- Assist the Immunization Program Director with policies, procedures and planning related to the statewide program
- Provide technical assistance and develop standard operating procedures related to personnel, budget and program operations to ensure program efficiency
- Maintain primary fiscal responsibility for immunization program operations, including contractual relationships
- Provide oversight, guidance and approval in the use and distribution of operations funds, including 3 Federal grants and 2 state accounts, as well as participate in the oversight of $120M vaccine funds.
- Prepare grant applications, budget justifications and progress reports
- Review and approve submission of accurate and timely reporting of program status to all major federal funders.
- Oversee programmatic activities related to the development, roll out and implementation of the Massachusetts immunization registry
- Directly supervise 3 program senior managers, including both clinical and programmatic staff. Conduct performance evaluations
- Assist the Director with general oversight of approximately 35 staff
- Coordinate team meetings, mentor agency staff, foster and facilitate the ability to achieve the highest level of professional growth, performance and career advancement.
- Lead and participate in evaluation and continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate immunization-related projects and/or research with various academic providers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public and school health professionals, institutions, professional organizations, and agencies.
- Develop and deliver presentations to staff, healthcare providers, and stakeholders
Promote program improvement, innovation, and integration both within the Program and with appropriate programs within the Bureau.
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here