Title: Drupal/PHP Developer
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is looking for a Drupal/PHP Developer: You are an experienced Drupal/PHP developer with a proven interest in developing accessible, easy-to-use web based applications and tools. You are proficient in Drupal development, including custom module development, working with contributed modules including Features and Workbench moderation, core API, content creation, Views and theming. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
- Develop reusable and interactive web-based tools, mobile apps, and consumer websites
- Consult and provide guidance on development projects for clients from federal and state government as well as private companies and non-profits
- Work closely with our team of front-end developers on in-house deliverables
- Communicate recommendations and requirements clearly (verbally and in writing) with internal staff, non-technical clients and technical partners
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients and project managers
- More as the position grows!
- BA in computer science or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience with developing custom Drupal modules and themes using features, including Workbench moderation
- Minimum 3 years experience with the following:
- PHP (procedural and OOP)
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Linux and MacOS Command Line
- Experience with Git, pull requests and branching/merging
- Experience with managing deployments across multiple development environments
- Ability to work independently and effectively with non-technical co-workers and clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Examples of open source contributions – from patches to pull requests to full projects (Drupal modules are a plus)
- Experience developing with libraries and frameworks, such as jquery or MVC
- Familiarity with federal usability standards and best practices including Section 508 guidelines
- Experience working with government clients
- Experience developing cross-platform applications
- Experience working with writers, editors, and web designers
- Familiarity with entire web site development lifecycle and documentation
- Experience with user-centered design process
Please send cover letter, resume, 2 code samples, and 3 references to email@example.com by September 22, 2017. This is for a full or part-time salaried position. We offer highly competitive salaries and full benefits.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.