Organization: Communicate Health
Brief Summary of Position:
Communicate Health is looking for an experienced editor with a strong interest in health communication and public health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop material that is conversational, professional, understandable, accessible, and actionable.
- Reconcile feedback from subject matter experts
- Ensure plain language content is scientifically accurate
- Provide guidance to junior writers
- Advanced degree in health, English, or communication (significant experience doing health-related writing will be considered in place of advanced degree)
- Minimum of 8 years of professional health writing and editing experience
- Experience implementing health education theories and principles, user-centered design methods, and usability strategies when developing content for web and print
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language
- Experience creating high-quality client deliverables, including content development, substantive editing, copy editing, and final sign-off
- Familiarity with federal plain language guidelines and best practices
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers
To view full job posting or to apply please, click here