Title: Health Communication Manager
Brief Summary of Position:
Communicate Health seeks an experienced health communicator with a proven interest in message and product development. The Health Communications Manager should be able to synthesize audience research, health education and behavior change theories, and plain language writing to create meaningful, accessible, and actionable communication tools for clients and consumers.
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
- Lead the development of communication products with a multi-disciplinary team and ensure products are delivered on time and in budget
- Keep project teams and clients focused by advocating for end users
- Develop product requirements and specifications and adjust as necessary based on client feedback and user research
- Develop research protocols, including screeners and moderator’s guides
- Conduct formative research with consumers and professionals
- Integrate user research studies into message and product development
- Write clear, concise reports (from top-level summaries to detailed technical reports) for delivery to clients
- Research a variety of health- and wellness-related topics and distill the most relevant actions and recommendations
- Gather and review feedback on content from editors, usability professionals, and subject matter experts, and revise content appropriately
- Work with design, content, and usability staff on information architecture, content strategy, and content layout
- Oversee and inform post-production quality control (QC) processes
- Act as a connector across project teams to integrate project-level lessons learned across the organization
- Master’s degree in communication, public health, or a related social science
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in public health education, health communication, and/or communication research
- Demonstrated interest in environmental health
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a project management role, with an ability to establish and document processes
- Experience implementing health education theories and principles and user-centered design methods when developing content or tools for web and print
- Experience conducting user or audience research
- Experience executing high-level editing and writing with limited supervision
- Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills, specifically for environmental health
- Experience managing project or program budgets
- Familiarity with federal plain language guidelines and best practices
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers
- Supervisory experience
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language
- Familiarity with IRB, Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act, and nuances of research clearance processes
Please send cover letter, resume, 2 writing or portfolio samples, and 3 references by August 11, 2017 to email@example.com.
This is a full-time, salaried position located in either our Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD office.