Title: Business Management Specialist
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The Department of Public Health is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Business Management Specialist. This position will review and process contracts within designated programs to assure conformity to fiscal rules and regulations of the Operational Services Division (OSD), Office of the Comptroller (CTR), and Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS). The incumbent reviews and analyzes fiscal contract information submitted by DPH Bureau and/or Hospital Administration and Finance (ANF) Unit and provider contract requests.
Applicants must have (A) at least three (3) years of full-time or equivalent part-time, professional experience in business administration, business management or finance/accounting, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
Incumbents may be required to have a current and valid motor vehicle driver’s license at a class level specific to assignment.
I. A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business management, finance or a related field may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
II. A Master’s degree or higher with a major in business management, finance or a related field may substituted the required experience.
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED AT HIRE:
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and by questioning individuals.
- Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish rapport with and deal tactfully with others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as grant proposals, contracts and financial reports.
- Salary: 55,017.30 – 78,762.58 Yearly
Submit an application here