Title: Policy Analyst
Organization: Children’s Health Watch
Brief Summary of Position:
The Policy Analyst will be responsible for advancing Children’s HealthWatch policy priorities in Massachusetts through coordinating and participating in coalitions. They will also be responsible for acting as a liaison for Witnesses to Hunger – Boston, updating Children’s HealthWatch social media pages and website, sending email communications, and being the point of contact for policy publication production in the graphic design phase of projects. In addition, the Policy Analyst will have research responsibilities, including supporting the research of Children’s HealthWatch by coordinating the revision of the survey and Manual of Operations. Policy Analyst responsibilities are full-time and based at Headquarters in Boston, MA.
- An Associate’s Degree with minimum of three years of experience in public health, policy advocacy, and research or a BA/BS with a minimum of one year’s experience in public health, policy advocacy, and research.
- Previous policy, public health, community organizing and research experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication programs
- Willingness to learn new electronic systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, relate to people, and manage conflict
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel around the city of Boston to meetings and events
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort working with diverse populations
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Children’s HealthWatch blog and social media pages by drafting posts and strategically & regularly publishing on the website and social media platforms.
- Manages the Children’s HealthWatch website.
- Acts as a liaison between Children’s HealthWatch and preferred graphic design company for publications.
- Manages Children’s HealthWatch MailChimp and Leadership Directories email communications to engage external audiences.
- Helps to write and edit policy and research publications, including doing background literature review.
- Supports policy work of Children’s HealthWatch, with a focus on Massachusetts policies, through participation in and leadership of coalitions, legislative meetings, and conferences.
- Coordinates the Healthy Families EITC Coalition.
- Serves as the liaison between Witnesses to Hunger in Boston, a program of the Center for Hunger-Free Communities at Drexel University, and Children’s HealthWatch, including managing the Witnesses to Hunger Steering Committee.
- Conducts web research and compiles literature searches as requested by members of the research team.
- Works with other staff members and projects within the department—including research, policy, and grant work. This includes drafting, editing, and informing print publications and academic or policy-relevant presentations.
- Coordinates the revision of the Children’s HealthWatch survey and Manual of Operations, in collaboration with the site coordinators, Center team staff, Data Coordinating Center staff, and Executive Director.
Please submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and resume to: Allison Bovell, Director of Policy Strategy,email@example.com, by Monday, June 26, 2017.