The FY18 state budget is now in its final stage. The legislature recently appointed a six member Conference Committee to resolve the differences between the House and Senate versions of the budget and to produce a final budget to be sent to the Governor before July 1st.
We recently sent a letter to the Conference Committee requesting support for our core public health needs, but we need your voice too!
In order to maintain a strong public health system in the Commonwealth, please call your legislators and ask them to contact the Conference Committee members below, asking them to support the following budget requests:
- Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund (PWTF): SENATE budget sections 70 and 94.
- Massachusetts Food Trust Program: SENATE funding (within 7007-0300).
- SNAP Gap Common App: SENATE language for a common application for SNAP (food assistance) and other public benefits (4000-0328).
- Mass-in-Motion: HOUSE funding and SENATE language for not less than the amount expended in FY17 and $4,010,977 in overall line item funding (within 4513-1111).
- Bureau of Substance Abuse Services: HOUSE funding at $133,750,888 (4512-0200).
- Public Health Data Linkages: SENATE budget section 99.
You can reference our letter below (and linked here) for more details, including line item numbers and funding levels.
Don’t know who your elected officials are? Click, here. Find your representatives’ contact info, here.
CONFERENCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Chairwoman Karen Spilka
Vice Chairman Sal DiDomenico
Senator Vinny deMacedo
Chairman Brian Dempsey
Vice Chairman Stephen Kulik
Representative Todd Smola