Title: Community Outreach Specialist (Central MA)
Organization: Planned Parenthood Federation
Brief Summary of Position:
A member of the Business Development and Community Engagement Department, the Community Outreach Specialist coordinates initiatives in a targeted geographic area (Greater Worcester, North Central and Metro West) designed to promote Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts health services and educational programs. With a commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health, the person will develop relationships with community leaders and serves as the organization’s liaison with various constituents through attendance at community events and coalition meetings. Conducts service overview presentations for professionals, community members, and potential patients with the goal of growing and diversifying PPLM’s patient and supporter base. Hosts information tables at conferences, health fairs and other community events to promote services and distribute materials. Integrate marketing campaign strategies and new service rollouts into outreach messaging.
- BA/BS preferred, relevant experience is highly valued.
- 3-5 Years’ experience (intern experience counts towards qualifications requirements)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Consistent access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license required.
- Availability for evening and weekend hours.
- A commitment to PPLM’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated success with a range of audiences and ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, ages, abilities and experiences.
- Prior experience in and knowledge of sexual health
- Ability to work independently while committed to overall team approach
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential community partners who may serve as referral sources for patients seeking health care services and/or recipients of educational programming.
- Proactively develop relationships with community partners to provide information about PPLM services and strategize opportunities for collaboration.
- Participate in community coalitions, Community Health Network Area (CHNA) meetings, and other multidisciplinary, multisector partnerships of relevance to PPLM’s work.
- Schedule includes evening and weekend hours.
- Schedule, confirm, and implement service overview presentations at community partner locations to provide information about PPLM health care services and educational programs.
- Works with Outreach Volunteers at community events.
Compensation Range: $42,000-45,000/annually.
Planned Parenthood offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.