Title: Public Health Nurse IE-20
Organization: The Town of Needham Health and Human Services, Public Health Division
Brief Summary of Position:
Needham seeks a highly qualified individual for the full-time position of Public Health Nurse. This position will perform a variety of nursing, policy, and health education functions.
- Three or more years of work experience in nursing or public health is required, and ideally experience in both fields. Part-time and volunteer experience will be considered.
- Active and valid Massachusetts licensure as a Registered Nurse, a current and valid certification in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license are required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is desired, although a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public health, education, or social work will be considered when combined with licensure as a Registered Nurse and nursing work experience.
- Nursing experience in a community health setting, ambulatory care setting, or with unique populations is not required but is considered a plus.
- A background in policy and/or community education attained through either significant work experience or through the achievement of a graduate degree in public health, education, or a related field is highly desired.
- While a CPR certification is required, a current and valid certification as an instructor in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct communicable disease investigation, surveillance, and case management, including investigating outbreaks and conducting epidemiological surveys of all cases of diseases dangerous to the public health.
- Deliver health screening programs and wellness clinics and influenza vaccination clinics.
- Present classes and trainings to community groups and write articles for newspapers and community publications across a broad range of health topics including general wellness, safety from mosquito and tick-borne illnesses, and mental health promotion.
- Collaborate with first responder agencies and municipal departments as an active member of the Town’s emergency management team; this work will include managing the trainings, exercises, and deployments of Needham’s Medical Reserve Corps.
- Prepare reports, maintain confidential records, and research public health and medical studies as well as evidence-based practices to inform the development of policies.
$61,250 to $76,811
Please forward your cover letter, resume and Town of Needham Employment Application by:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Fax: 781-455-0165; or
Mail: Human Resources Department, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492.