Title: Environmental Health Agent I-20
Organization: The Town of Needham Health and Human Services, Public Health Division
Brief Summary of Position:
Needham seeks an Environmental Health Agent to provide public health services and to enforce State/Fed Environmental and Sanitary Codes, Town by-laws, and Board of Health Regulations.
- Duties require extensive knowledge of environmental health and sanitation equivalent to completion of a four-year college degree program/Bachelor’s degree in public or environmental health, or a related field.
- Three or more years of work experience are required in public or environmental health, public policy, or a related field. Part-time and volunteer experience will be considered.
- Possession of a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Environmental health or inspectional, sanitary, or code enforcement experience combined with public health or public policy work is not required, but is considered a plus.
- A background in policy and/or education attained through either work experience or else a graduate degree in public health, education, or a related field is highly desired.
- Credentialing or licensure as a Certified Environmental Health Technician (CEHT), MA Registered Sanitarian (RS), ServSafe Food Safety Manager/Food Allergy certified, MA Soil Evaluator, MA Lead Paint Determinator, MA Housing Inspector, and Certified Pool Operator (CPO) (or some combination thereof) is not required at time of application but if those credentials are not achieved by time of employment, they will be a requirement of continued employment after a specified period of between one and two years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, permit, and evaluate health risks in full range of food establishments.
- Conduct plan reviews, investigate foodborne illness complaints, issue order letters, impose fines, and conduct administrative hearings to ensure safe food operations.
- Oversee compliance with Title Five state sanitary septic code and with MA Pool Code.
- Investigate violations of local and state regulations relating to food, nuisance (noise/odors), housing, or tobacco, and conduct inspections to protect the public’s health.
- Provide ongoing educational services in conducting trainings, cable slots/PSAs, and writing articles for the local newspaper on a variety of public health topics.
- May be required to occasionally serve on-call to respond to emergency situations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
$61,250 to $76,811
Please forward your cover letter, resume and Town of Needham Employment Application by:
Email: email@example.com; or
Fax: 781-455-0165; or
Mail: Human Resources Department, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492.