Title: Regional Community Engagement Manager (Central and Western MA)
Organization: Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
Brief Summary of Position:
A member of the Business Development and Community Engagement Department, the Regional Community Engagement Manager manages initiatives in Central MA, and oversees the Community Outreach Specialist for Western MA. Promotes Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts health services and educational programs. With a commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health, the person will develop relationships with community leaders and serves as the organization’s liaison with various constituents through attendance at community events and coalition meetings. Conducts service overview presentations for professionals, community members, and potential patients with the goal of growing and diversifying PPLM’s patient and supporter base. Hosts information tables at conferences, health fairs and other community events to promote services and distribute materials. Integrate marketing campaign strategies and new service rollouts into outreach messaging. Works with the Vice President, Business Development and Community Engagement to identify and evaluate strategic relationships, new service delivery models, and geographic expansion opportunities. Supervises full time Community Outreach Specialist (Western MA)
- BA/BS preferred, relevant experience is highly valued.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
- 5-7 Years’ experience
- Consistent access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license required. Travel to other PPLM locations, and to community outreach sites
- Availability for evening and weekend hours.
- A commitment to PPLM’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated success with a range of audiences and ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, ages, abilities and experiences.
- Prior experience in and knowledge of sexual health
- Ability to work independently while committed to overall team approach
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential community partners who may serve as referral sources for patients seeking health care services and recipients of educational programming.
- Proactively develop relationships with community partners to provide information about PPLM services and strategize opportunities for collaboration
- Review and assess marketing/demographics/utilization/trend data, and make recommendations regarding new service opportunities including geographic expansion and delivery of care models.
- Schedule, confirm, and implement service overview presentations at community partner locations to provide information about PPLM health care services and educational programs.
- Provides supervision and evaluation of the Community Outreach Specialist focused on Western Massachusetts.
- Manage inventory of community outreach materials and promotional items, and work with Marketing on new requests as needed. Contribute content for PPLM website updates and social media posts
Apply online here.