Title: Graphic Designer
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is seeking a motivated and web-savvy graphic designer with a passion for UX and a zest for the user-centered design process. Their ideal candidate can expertly drive a project from brainstorm through finished product — utilizing a flexible, iterative design process. Candidates should enjoy a wide variety of visual projects, including web design, interactive tools, infographics, traditional print, animation, and more. You should thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and enjoy working with a variety of personalities. Excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in health communication are a plus.
• BA in graphic design or related field
• Minimum 2 years professional experience
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiarity and willingness to work within the Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in website design, including but not limited to wireframing, mockup
development, and familiarity with basic front-end coding (CSS3, HTML5)
• Knowledge of UX and user-centered design process
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• An eye for typography and traditional page layout
• Strong illustration and visual problem solving skills
• Familiar with federal usability standards and best practices
• Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
• Experience working with writers, editors, and web developers
• Familiarity with the entire web site development lifecycle and documentation
• Familiar with public health, health education, and health communication fields
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees. We offer highly competitive salaries.
Please send cover letter, resume and link to online portfolio (or 5 samples of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2017. As federal contractors, we are required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at http://www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.