Title: Senior Policy Analyst
Organization: Mass Budget
Brief Summary of Position: MassBudget is seeking a well-organized, dynamic Senior Policy Analyst to lead MassBudget’s work in one or more of the following policy areas: revenue, health care, human services, economic security, and education. The Senior Policy Analyst will have opportunities to work on other state budget and policy issues that relate to improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults in Massachusetts. We’re seeking candidates who have strong policy analysis skills, work well independently and in teams, and can communicate information effectively to diverse audiences. We are also looking for candidates who can take on other leadership responsibilities in the office, such as editing written products or communications and media work.
- Leading MassBudget’s policy research in one or more policy areas and identifying actionable policy recommendations
- Building our organizational relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including other researchers, advocates, and grassroots and community groups
- Expanding access to our analysis and data, including delivering presentations to organizations and coalitions
- Contributing to MassBudget’s analysis of state budget proposals
- Contributing to other policy research
- Master’s degree or comparable professional experience
- At least five years of experience doing policy research, preferably with a fiscal analysis component, in one of the areas listed above, and ability to serve as a go-to resource to key stakeholders
- Strong commitment to state budget and policy issues that relate to improving the lives of low- and middle-income children and adults in Massachusetts
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Comfort working with Excel
- Organizing experience, particularly developing strong relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Computer graphic design skills (e.g. ability to help create infographics to accompany reports)
- Media and communications experience, including traditional and/or social media
- Editing or other coaching support
- Management experience
- Fluency in a foreign language with a large presence in Massachusetts
Salary and Benefits:
The position may be full time or part time, if the candidate has the capacity to excel as Senior Policy Analyst while working less than full time. Salary is competitive and based on qualifications and experience. MassBudget also provides generous benefits including health care, vacation, and a 401k plan.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “YOUR NAME, Senior Policy Analyst” in the subject line. This position is open until filled. MassBudget has a strong commitment to diversity. We encourage applications from persons whose background and experiences will increase the diversity of our organization.