MPHA is working hard to secure adequate funding for the following priorities:
- Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund (request for language in outside section)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Access
- Massachusetts Food Trust
- Mass in Motion
- Bureau of Environmental Health
- Diversion to Treatment Program
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment Funding
- State Public Health Laboratory & Communicable Disease Control
- DPH Critical Operations and Essential Services
You can read MPHA’s full budget request letter to the legislature for additional detail, here.
We need your help to make sure that essential public health programs receive the funding necessary to protect healthy communities and promote equity in the Commonwealth. Please contact your representative and senator and ask for his or her support on the issues most important to you!
If you don’t know who your legislators are, click here to find them.
The first stop for the budget is the House, which will debate the budget in April. The Senate will follow in May. A 6-member Conference Committee will deliberate in June, with the goal of putting a budget on the Governor’s desk before July 1st, which is the start of fiscal year 2018.
For more information about the budget or about any of MPHA’s priorities, please contact Melanie O’Malley at: email@example.com.