Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Organization: Harbor Health Services Inc.
Brief Summary of the Position:
The CFO has primary responsibility for the fiscal stewardship of HHSI resources. S/he will be responsible for management oversight and strategic direction of the agency’s finances; will plan, direct, coordinate and communicate all financial activities; and will lead and manage both its Finance and IT departments. S/he will develop, review and refine policies and procedures related to accounting, budgeting and financial planning, financial controls, investments and underwriting practices; and develop, maintain and enhance relationships with regulators, financial institutions, payers and other. The CFO will cultivate the leadership and functional abilities of staff, building and maintaining a high‐performing, adaptable and customer-oriented team.
Harbor Health Services, Inc. is a non-‐profit, community health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care in urban Boston neighborhoods, the South Shore, and Cape Cod communities. They provide a wide network of healthcare services to meet the needs of their patients. Harbor Health owns and operates five community health center. Combined, Harbor Health’s community health centers are the Medical Home for more than 28,000 patients and the “family dentist” to 10,000 patients. The Elder Service Plan cares for more than 500 members and Women, Infant, and Children Nutrition Program serves more than 3,000 women and their children. Harbor Health employs over 500 staff and in 2016 had a budget of $69 million. Over the next several years it is poised to take advantage of numerous opportunities and is clearly a valuable resource and an important asset to the Commonwealth. For more information about Harbor Health Services click here.
- Strategically lead and manage HHSI’s financial and technological operations; update and develop related infrastructure.
Oversee financial operations: direct all accounting, disbursement, payroll, auditing and credit and collections functions; establish budgetary controls and procedures; and ensure proper maintenance of financial records
- Work in close partnership with the President and CEO, leadership team and Board on strategic planning, operations and evaluation processes.
Evaluate and advise on the impact of long‐range planning, introduction of new programs and strategies, and regulatory action
- Contribute to, and lead where appropriate, HHSI’s relationships with its clients, partners, providers, government agencies and others.
Provide financial leadership in the negotiation of financial terms of HHSI contracts with providers and payers
- Broad executive-level health care finance management and leadership experience for a multi-faceted, multi-payer organization with complex business and technical demands
- Commitment to, and understanding of the value of community-based health care delivery
- Skilled at healthcare operations, reimbursements, business intelligence tools Debt capacity analysis and negotiation of capital financing
- Understanding of, and insight into, the broader health care landscape, its challenges and opportunities; able to anticipate and advise on changes that will affect HHSI
- Significant expertise in evaluating, developing, integrating and updating financial,
administrative and IT systems
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to health equity, the mission of community health centers, and excellence
- Highly respected and credible financial leader with impeccable integrity
- Strategic; able to see the big picture, but also willing to roll up sleeves and dig into the details when necessary
- Clear and effective communication and presentation skills with highly effective relationship building skills
- Business or other relevant advanced degree or CPA preferred
For full job description, including scope of work and requirements click here.
To nominate a candidate, or to apply, forward resume and cover letter in confidence to: E. Catlin Donnelly & Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org
E. Catlin Donnelly & Associates is conducting the search. Please do not apply directly to HHSI. Harbor Health Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.