Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: Health Care For All
Brief Summary of Position:
Appointed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Director of HCFA is responsible for providing the overall strategic direction, management and leadership for the organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for the overall performance and financial health of HCFA and will play a key role in the development and execution of all fundraising strategies and initiatives. The Executive Director is expected to guide the organization’s evolution and to build the infrastructure needed to support credible policy work, effective community collaboration and excellence in all programs and projects operated by HCFA. In addition to leading HCFA itself, the Executive Director is considered a key stakeholder and resource on health care issues on a state, regional and national level.
- Integrate HCFA’s policy expertise and ability to foster consumer and community power and collaboration to effect sustainable policy change.
- Serve as ambassador for HCFA, its core mission for the people it represents.
- Ensure fiscal integrity of the organization by managing the revenue and resources in ways that best support the mission.
- Ensure that sound financial practices are maintained including monitoring cash flow and reserve funds.
- Ensure long-term organizational sustainability through diverse revenue sources; strengthen and diversify existing organizational funding base.
- Continue to strengthen HCFA’s visibility and overall understanding of its value and relevance. Ensure that the impact of HCFA programs and work with its many stakeholders is articulated, evaluated and recognized.
- Manage the operations and infrastructure of HCFA, ensuring that roles and accountabilities are clearly defined, that high professional standards are maintained, and that the organization continues to deliver high quality products to its many stakeholders.
- Provide coaching, team building and staff development, with particular attention to the Senior Management Team, to assure alignment and development of staff with the organization’s values and mission.
- Work with Board to keep them fully informed, enable them to fulfill their governance responsibilities and make decisions that best support the organization and its mission, and identify new opportunities and priorities for Board development.
- Work with the Board Treasurer, staff and financial consultants annually to develop the budget.
- Jointly, with the Board Chairperson and Secretary of the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Coordinate and prepare board meeting materials for regular board meetings.
- Partner with the Executive Director of Community Catalyst and the shared personnel to support, leverage and execute the provisions of the Partnership Agreement.
- Commitment to health care equity and social justice with an orientation towards empowering consumers to achieve lasting policy change.
- Commitment to HCFA’s mission and the many communities it serves.
- Proven excellent leadership with vision, presence and passion.
- Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program, while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, donors and community.
- Extensive experience in leading the process of ongoing strategic planning.
- The courage and judgment to know how and when to work with and advocate on behalf of vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
- Sophisticated understanding of the intersection of health care politics and policy in MA; experience maneuvering a complex policy making process while balancing the competing needs and agendas of various stakeholders.
- Track record in fundraising; passionate about selling and promoting a cause.
- Successful resource development, fundraising and philanthropy experience.
- Proven financial expertise and capacity to provide strategic financial leadership.
- A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and marketing.
- Proven experience and ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders including consumers, legislators, government leaders, health care providers, business leaders, insurers, and others.
- Highly skilled in team-building, collaboration and consensus building, internally and externally; able to forge common ground to move an agenda forward.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills including the ability to motivate and inspire others, to clearly articulate goals and set priorities, to communicate effectively (both inside and outside the organization) and to develop and manage staff.
- Extensive experience in public speaking/public relations.
- Demonstrated competency, sensitivity and appreciation for working with individuals and groups from diverse racial, cultural, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, resiliency, creativity, flexibility and a sense of humor.
- A minimum of three years of senior level nonprofit organization experience.
- Deep knowledge of and highly respected leader in the healthcare community.
To learn more about position and apply, click here