Last week, state legislators filed more than 5,700 bills that will be considered over the next two weeks. Now is a critical time here in Massachusetts to take action! You have the chance to help MPHA promote policies that will reduce disparities and create greater protections and opportunities for all our residents.
Contact your Representative
Take a few minutes this week to call, email or visit your Representative and Senator and ask them to co-sponsor the priority legislation below to improve public health in your community. Find your legislators’ names and contact info. The co-sponsorship deadline is Friday, February 3rd.
MPHA has prioritized 6 bills that will have a major impact on health equity by:
- Expanding the Prevention & Wellness Trust Fund,
- Improving access to SNAP benefits,
- Addressing the housing crisis,
- Increasing access to paid family medical leave,
- Increasing the minimum wage, and
- Diverting individuals with substance use disorders to treatment.
Not sure how to contact your legislator?
- Read our Co-sponsor Policy List for names and info about the bills.
- Use your zip code to look up your legislator.
- Via phone or email: State your name, your district, and ask your representative to co-sponsor [insert bill name here].
Let us know after you’ve taken action!
Email Abhidnya Kurve
Maddie Ribble, Director of Public Policy