Organizational description: The Massachusetts Public Health Association (MPHA) is a private, non-profit 501c3, statewide membership organization that promotes a healthy Massachusetts through advocacy, education, community organizing, and coalition-building. Our focus is on policies and programs that prevent illness, disease, and injury, particularly among those vulnerable to disparities in health status. MPHA is not a single issue organization, rather it is an organization that utilizes coalition-building and organizing to effect policy change to improve health and address the core social determinants of health.
The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for managing MPHA’s bookkeeping and human resources, supporting general operations, and assisting the Executive Director. This is a full-time position.
Reports to: Executive Director
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a preference for those received before January 30, 2017
Start date: The anticipated start date for this position is March 1, 2017
MPHA is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced staff. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of accounts payable, accounts receivables and cash receipts using QuickBooks Pro; Prepare deposits; Prepare checks to pay bills bi-weekly for ED to sign; Prepare monthly reconciliation of credit accounts; Prepare monthly reconciliations of credit card donations and payments in Quickbooks; Review bank account online against Quickbooks for timing of cash and credit card deposits before month-end; Assist ED in preparation of annual budget; and prepare 1099’s on annual basis; Prepare annual worker’s compensation audit; Manage record keeping for annual in-kind donations; prepare financial reports for quarterly Finance and Audit Committee
- Maintain accurate monthly fiscal records and assist with financial data reporting requirements including quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports required by funders and governmental agencies;
- Process donations, event sponsorships, event registrations and membership payments through Quickbooks as deposits and Salesforce database as payments;
- Organize and prepare financial reports and back up documents for annual audit and preparation of 990 reporting and general tax Pull documents and files, prepare reports and other tasks in preparation for meetings with the auditors.
OFFICE AND ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide executive administrative support to E., including scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Administrative liaison to the MPHA Board, including scheduling meetings by email and setting up off-site locations and amenities and organizing refreshments, preparing materials and taking Board
- Manage all administrative functions of the organization including coordination of technical and general equipment repair and maintenance, ordering and ensuring adequate stock of office supplies including stationary, signage, and other items, and general office management. Manage contracts for service support of equipment. Manage office facilities and liaison with building Initiate contracts for services and manage those services.
- Oversee monthly payroll processing/distribution and general human resources
- Manage reporting processes for organization including:
- Employee lobbyist registration and biannual lobbying report submissions to Secretary of State’s office; Follow up with Attorney General’s Office regarding 990 submission and the Certificate of Solicitation; Submit NGO report to of State’s office annually.
- In coordination with Development Director, keep grant and contract documentation current for budgeting and audit
- We seek a high-energy, detail-oriented team player with commitment to mission, sense of humor and a range of computer skills, including Office and web-based applications
- 3-5 years accounting and/or office management experience including responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable and audit processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with teams and groups
- Flexible nature and a willingness to contribute to an “all hands on deck” workplace
- High skill level with Excel and Quickbooks
- Skill and experience in working with websites, and preferably, web-based databases
Salary: Commensurate with experience, excellent benefits package
To apply: Please submit a cover letter stating your specific relevant experience and salary requirements along with resume to Ray Considine at Rjconsidine23@gmail.com [Please note, this is the corrected email updated on 1.12.17] . Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.