Title: Senior Research Associate (Community Health Planning Consultant/ Research Consultant)
Organization: Partners for a Healthier Community, Inc.
Brief Summary of Position:
The position’s role typically involves securing service contracts, leading research assessment and evaluation projects, convening as necessary community partners and clients to achieve the needed goals of projects. Partnerships could be with sectors such as faith, business, education, academic, healthcare, social sector entities.
- Oversee direct staff, subcontractors when necessary and student interns;
- Design and conduct qualitative assessments such as focus groups and interviews and quantitative assessments
- Creates data reports and technical products
- Develops evaluation plans for prioritizing and collecting data to measure program performance and outcomes and for using this data for program improvement and to demonstrate impact.
- Assist in initiating and sustaining grant developed programs with community partners, including providing data analysis and program evaluation;
- Conduct trainings on aspects of evaluation and assessment
- Design and implement collaborative strategies with community partners and collaborators such as social organizations, faith communities, community-based organizations and so on;
- Provides facilitative leadership to fellow community leaders, and offers opportunities and/or shares experiences, perspectives and expertise on issues such as partnership development, meeting planning, facilitation, and conflict management;
- Provides facilitative leadership to the project team in action planning including steps and/or activities to address the priority areas, and implementing actions with a timeline, identifiable milestones and evaluation measures
- Masters level college degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Policy or related area is preferred. Applicant must have five years of relevant experience in a role of a program manager or supervisor in a public health or human service program. Have regional leadership presence.
- PhD Level candidate with 5-10 years’ experience in program evaluation and community based research/assessment work; published work.
The high visibility of this position, both internally and externally, requires that the Senior Research Associate have
- Experience designing and implementing program and initiative evaluations;
- Quantitative data analysis and summary skills;
- Experience conducting and analyzing focus groups and interviews;
- Highly proficient writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and collaborative planning skills;
- Proven abilities to work with and within teams;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; bilingual preferred
- A high degree of computer literacy;
- Demonstrated use of community problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated facilitative leadership experiences in a community setting; and
- Strong understanding of the public health environment (including mental health, substance abuse, violence prevention) and the healthcare environment.
- Strong public presentation skills
For information and to apply, click here.