Title: Health Care Facility Spec II – West Region
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
This position surveys health care facilities, services or programs statewide and writes evaluative and other reports on findings; designs and performs studies evaluating the effectiveness of health care facilities, services, and related programs; consult with staff, other agencies and organizations on the provision of health care; coordinate health care services and related programs among agencies; develop and conduct training programs; and perform related work as required. The basic purpose of this work is to monitor and evaluate the current level of health care services provided throughout the Commonwealth to determine compliance with regulations for licensure and certification.
- Inspects and surveys departments of health care facilities and services to determine compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Evaluates the plans of correction submitted from health care facilities and conducts follow up visits to determine ongoing compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Participates in the development of methods of evaluating health care services and related programs, in order to determine the degree of acceptance and utilization of health care, type and breadth of service, characteristics of recipients, extent of involvement of professional workers, operational costs and other related activities.
- Performs patient centered reviews of Medicare and Medicaid recipients to assess the quality and appropriateness of care rendered in such facilities and to assure the compliance of each facility with state and federal utilization control requirements.
- Provides consultation, guidance and training to facilities health care professionals and other staff involved in patient care, and direction of programs.
- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration including the factors, trends and problems in providing health care services to client groups such as infants, the aged and the infirmed, to include but not limited to the knowledge of safety practices and procedures followed in providing health care, terminology and standard abbreviations used in health care administration, the types and uses of equipment, apparatus and materials used in a health care facility, and the methods of general report writing.
- The candidate must have the ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities. The ability to analyze and determine the applicability of heath care data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to establish rapport, deal tactfully, and maintain harmonious working relationships with persons from varied ethnic, cultural and/or economic backgrounds as well as the ability to coordinate the efforts of others in accomplishing assigned work objectives, the ability to plan and conduct training or instruction and to communicate effectively in oral and written expression in a precise, understandable manner.
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to prepare general and statistical reports, maintain accurate records.
- The candidate must have the ability to supervise, including planning and assigning work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished, the capabilities of subordinates’ training needs and providing or arranging for such training; motivating subordinates to work effectively; determining the need for disciplinary action and either recommending or initiating disciplinary action.
For more information and to apply, click here.