This year, working with you and other MPHA partners, we have made public health gains that move us closer to a healthier and more equitable Commonwealth. Can we count on your support as we move into the coming year? Together we achieved the following victories in 2016!
- Secured $100K in FY17 state budget and $6M in the state’s economic development bill to fund the Massachusetts Food Trust Program to increase healthy food access and boost economic development;
- Secured $50M in funding from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation for the Complete Streets Certification Program. This program helps cities and towns make neighborhood streets safer and more inviting for public and active transportation;
- Led advocacy to pass legislation in 2016, to create a Special Commission, responsible for enhancing the capacity, functionality, and efficiency of the local health system
- Launched a new Policy Council that increases representation of local and regional leaders in MPHA decision making and advocacy efforts;
- Mobilized support for the re-authorization of the Prevention and Wellness Trust Fund (PWTF). MPHA lead the passage of PWTF, a first-in the nation program funded at $60 million to prevent chronic disease and advance health equity. Now we must defend it and assure reauthorization in 2017.
Make an immediate and direct impact on our work, by making a donation today. With your renewed support this year, MPHA will remain at the forefront of public health policies that make our shared vision a reality. Please know, any gift you make will support our work to build healthy and vibrant communities for all Massachusetts residents.