Title: Director, Local Public Health Initiatives – Northampton
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is to prevent illness, injury, and premature death, to assure access to high quality public health and health care services, and to promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth. DPH is looking for a Director, Local Public Health Initiatives – Northampton.
- Development and implementation of local public health workforce development initiatives.
- Technical assistance in collaboration with municipalities, public health trade associations, and others to promote cross-jurisdictional sharing
- Contributing to regular communication between DPH and local public health officials and other partners
- Development of tools and other resources that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of public health service delivery at the local level.
- Provides direct supervision to OLRH staff located in the DPH Northampton Office.
- Manages day-to-day operations at the Northampton site including maintenance of building and equipment, car pool management, standard operating procedures, security, utilities, and service contracts.
- Knowledge of the theories and practices of public health including the core public health functions and essential public health services with particular attention to local public health
- Knowledge, understanding, and expertise in principles of health service delivery and human services
- Knowledge of the methods of general, statistical and technical report writing
- Ability, knowledge and skill in public speaking, labor relations, conflict management, negotiation, data management, record keeping, and organizational development
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop strategies, policies, and procedures to anticipate, prevent, and solve problems including resolving complicated service system issues
For more information and to apply, click here.