Title: Assistant Commissioner & Director of Office of Population Health
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is to prevent illness, injury, and premature death, to assure access to high quality public health and health care services, and to promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth. DPH is looking for a dynamic and innovative administrator for the role of Assistant Commissioner and Director of Office of Population Health..
- Serve as part of the Commissioner’s executive leadership team while providing knowledge and expertise in areas of health equity and population health; propose policy recommendations.
- Engage and communicate with DPH Bureaus and Offices, other Health and Human Services agencies, municipal, and private research and evaluation expertS.
- Develop and launch effective communication strategies, grant opportunities, work flow design, and champion process improvement initiatives to build support for the mission of population health.
- Cultivate agency systems for data sharing and communication of policies and standards, such as a data warehouse, Cancer Registry, Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and other internal controlS.
- Analyze health and health care needs by leading and coordinating regional initiatives based on data to improve health, achieve high quality and cost effective care.
- Collaborate with the Office of Health Equity on utilizing data to define health disparities and the impacts of the social determinants of health in order to improve overall health equity.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive; recognize and support organizational priorities.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of population health, public health service delivery and the frameworks of health care systems within and outside of a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated ability to engage partners and a solid understanding of the formal and informal processes of individuals and groups collaborating.
- Capacity to develop and implement effective stakeholder strategies and to promote a culture of partnership, transparency and inclusion.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) six years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, supervisory or managerial experience in business administration, business management, or public-administration and (B) of which at least four years must have been in a managerial capacity.
For more information and to apply, click here.