Title: Associate Director Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Division
Organization: Boston Public Health Commission
Brief Summary of Position: The Boston Public Health Commission, the country’s oldest health department, is an independent public agency providing a wide range of health services and programs. Boston Public Health Commission is looking for Associate Director Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Division .
- Works in a confidential manner with the Division Director in policy development, program planning, implementation, and evaluation of all Division programs and initiatives
- Takes primary responsibility for selected division initiatives, including staff supervision
- Collaborates on the identification, design and development of special projects
- Oversees the development of grant funding proposals. Manages the post-award process, and ensures grant reports are produced and submitted. Manages budgets.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of quality improvement strategies, including program data collection and reporting systems
- Works with program staff and Research and Evaluation Office to facilitate evaluation activities
- Represents the Division and the Commission at community and city policy and advisory groups as assigned
- Stays current on best practices, trends, and policy context for chronic disease division content area
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in public health or related program management, planning, and evaluation; OR BA/BS plus a minimum of 6 years related experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in staff supervision
- Minimum 4 years experience in public health or related program management, planning, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying for and managing federal and private grant funding and reporting strongly preferred
For more information and to apply, click here.