Title: Research Analyst I
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is to prevent illness, injury, and premature death, to assure access to high quality public health and health care services, and to promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth. DPH is looking for a Research Analyst I.
- Provide customer service and assist epidemiologists in conducting surveillance related to infectious diseases by responding to calls from the public, clinicians and others related to cases of infectious disease.
- With appropriate guidance, compile and triage data from source documents to include content and presentation; Perform basic analysis, prepare reports and related documentation to present research outcomes.
- Using established protocols and procedures, triage and verify accuracy of reports regarding infectious diseases received by the Division of Epidemiology and Immunization and by the Office of Integrated Surveillance and Informatics Services within the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Sciences.
- Perform laboratory and case report data triage and data entry into surveillance and case management system, MAVEN, according to established protocols.
- Following established procedures, assist in the process of posting content on the MDPH website and the management of that content to include quality control, timeliness, and periodic checks on relevance.
- Work with epidemiologists to improve data quality, timeliness and completeness.
Applicants must have (A) at least two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, administrative, professional or technical experience in work involving research, data analysis, compliance, records management or program administration, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
For more information and to apply, click here.