Title: Capacity Building Coordinator
Organization: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Brief Summary of Position:
The mission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) is to prevent illness, injury, and premature death, to assure access to high quality public health and health care services, and to promote wellness and health equity for all people in the Commonwealth. DPH seeks a Capacity Building Coordinator of the Office of Sexual Health and Youth Development.
- Oversees training, technical assistance, and capacity building resources to support the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based sexual and reproductive health and youth development programming among community-based providers.
- Strengthens community-based providers’ ability to provide effective, trauma-informed programming that uses a youth development approach, emphasizes health equity and racial justice, supports healthy relationships and positive sexuality, and prioritizes low-income and underserved residents.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to identify needs among MDPH-funded programs to deliver programming as described above.
- Develops systems for identifying, curating, and disseminating existing resources, including national training centers, state and federal resources, and emerging best practices from MDPH-funded sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, teen pregnancy prevention, and pregnant and parenting teen programs.
- Identifies gaps in existing resources and addresses those gaps by developing written materials, working with existing training centers to improve the content of their training offerings, or by directly developing and delivering training content.
- Encourages and facilitates sharing of best practices among MDPH-funded providers to ensure that technical assistance is available widely to all organizations serving low-income and underserved residents.
- Collaborates with the Director and other program staff on program development and policy initiatives for the Office of Sexual Health and Youth Development.
- Actively represents the Office of Sexual Health and Youth Development and Director on external and internal initiatives and activities.
- Experience in public health, particularly with sexual and reproductive health across the life span, teen pregnancy prevention, adolescent health, sexuality education, or youth development.
- Experience designing and delivering training and conducting facilitation preferred.
- Experience with event planning and organization and/or project planning and management.
- Commitment to racial justice and health equity.
- Commitment to principles of asset-based youth development.
- Commitment to ensuring access to full-spectrum reproductive health services.
- Experience developing and disseminating health education materials.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure and functions of the assigned agency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of budget management preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with systems change and aligning diverse systems to increase effectiveness of systems to achieve stated outcomes.
- Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Publisher.
To Apply: For more information and to apply, click here.