The MPHA Membership and Event Planning Intern will report to the Development Director and work closely with her to support the execution of MPHA’s development plan and membership strategy. The intern will play a key role in data entry using Salesforce, as well as support the planning and execution of MPHA events. Preference is given to applicants for a September-June placement.
Areas where you will gain experience:
Use of Salesforce
Roles and Responsibilities
The intern will support the planning and execution of the 2016 MPHA Fall Annual Meeting and Exposition, the MPHA Year-End Appeal, sponsorship prospecting and outreach, database management, and member communications. Projects will include:
- Assist MPHA’s Development Director with planning the 2016 Fall Annual Meeting and Exposition which includes:
- Identifying and recruiting prospective exhibitors, timely and professional follow-up, and working with event venue to maximize exhibitor table layout.
- Provide timely outreach to attendees, sponsors, donors, venue staff and vendors.
- Day of Event duties include staffing the registration table and trouble-shooting issues with the Development Director and the venue.
- Assist with MPHA’s annual Year-End Appeal mailing and phone banking.
- Create timely email alerts related to events and development activities and prep text for monthly newsletter.
- Facilitate internet research, written, telephone and email communications.
- Database maintenance in Salesforce for membership and fundraising related transactions.
- Provide general administrative assistance and support other projects as needed.
- Experience creating and editing documents using Microsoft Word and Publisher required.
- Experience in fundraising, event planning and execution, an interest in non-profit management and a commitment to social justice are all desired.
- Past experience with event management — either paid or as a volunteer desired.
- Experience with communications in a professional environment and familiarity using Constant Contact.
- Salesforce or other database management experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Minimum time commitment is one semester for 16 hours/week over 2-3 days.
- Preference is given to students who can commit two semesters and 16+ hours/week, starting August or September 2016.
- Intern selected for this position must be available to attend the Annual Meeting and Exposition at the DCU Center in Worcester on November 16th 7:00-3:30pm.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the DCU Center in Worcester by public transportation.
- Dependability is required.
All positions are unpaid
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples with “MPHA Member Programs and Fundraising Intern” in the subject line to Akosua Ampofo Siever (email@example.com). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with preference given to applications received by August 12th.