Title: Community Engagement Manager
Organization: Groundwork Lawrence
Brief Summary of Position:
Groundwork Lawrence (GWL), a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, has been making change happen in Greater Lawrence, Massachusetts since 2001. Through community engagement, environmental and open space improvements, fresh food access, youth education, and employment initiatives, GWL creates the building blocks of a healthy community, and empowers residents to improve their quality of life. GWL is seeking a Community Engagement Manager to join the Community Engagement Team with a primary focus on working with the Project Manager on the outreach, recruitment and implementation of the Greening the Gateway Cities program to increase tree canopy cover to reduce heating and cooling energy costs for residences and businesses and to educate private landowners and the public about proper tree selection, care and maintenance.
- Assist in the implementation of program activities on both public and private property, including designing outreach strategies and materials for private property owners, conducting site visits with the project manager to locate trees on private and public property, coordinating and preparing planting data and progress reports;
- Interact with the public and assist in providing technical advice to landowners about proper tree selection and maintenance;
- Assist the Project Manager in developing and implementing a Tree Stewards program that will teach residents about maintenance of trees;
- Gathers and disseminates information concerning agency programs by correspondence, telephone, personal contact, and through public education programs;
- Prepares or develops reports;
- Maintains various logs and records relating to tree planting location and management; prepares, reads and interprets written reports as required; attends meetings and exhibits, as needed;
- Assist in planning, outreach and implementation of GWL events;
- Participate in neighborhood association and community meetings as needed.
- Must share a passion for GWL’s values and vision;
- Bilingual in English/Spanish; Strong verbal and written translation skills a plus;
- Candidate must have at least three years of outreach experience and excellent references;
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills along with strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and to handle multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- Candidate must be a self-starter and work well independently, as well as accept supervision;
- Candidate must be experienced working in multi-cultural settings;
- Candidate must be reliable and flexible and able to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends;
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with desktop publishing and website maintenance are a plus.
To Apply: To learn more and apply, click here.