Title: Events and Communications Coordinator
Organization: Health Resources in Action, Inc.
Brief Summary of Position:
Health Resources in Action Inc. is seeking a full-time Events and Communications Coordinator (ECC) to join HRiA’s Training and Capacity Building (TCB) Department to develop and maintain systems for both CHTI and PLPSD. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in events and communications work and become part of a vibrant and growing public health organization.
The Events and Communications Coordinator (ECC) will work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. The ECC will perform a variety of duties addressing the administrative, event coordination, evaluation, communications/marketing, programmatic, and quality improvement needs for CHTI and PLPSD. This individual will work closely the Project Manager and Project Director and will oversee the work of the Administrative Assistant and interns who work on the projects.
- Creates and manages systems of work coordination of team members, including but not limited to, scheduling, communications, and follow up needs
- Creates professional and polished documents, email communications, newsletters, promotions, invitations, event-related correspondence and other materials
- Develops, formats, edits and/or proofreads written project materials for trainings, conferences and presentations
- Creates polished drafts of evaluation reports and other reporting requirements
- Leads coordination efforts regarding recruitment, registration, and logistics for events (including trainings, webinars, focus groups, and conferences)
- Coordinates functions of databases for trainings, events, email communications, and evaluation data
- Attends all trainings, events, and webinars to coordinate logistics and ensure that events run smoothly
- Coordinates website maintenance, including but not limited to, performing quality checks of data maintained on websites, adding to the training calendar, developing marketing materials, and coordinating online registration
- Responds to project information requests by telephone and email;
- Assists with project budget tracking by coordinating accounts payable by tracking expenses
- Supervises, provides support for and/or delegate tasks to the Administrative Assistant, interns and temps as needed
- Supports team members in administrative and programmatic activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with relevant employment experience in an office environment
- A strong passion for community health and building capacity of others to do their work
- A deep belief in youth leadership
- A commitment to value diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail (highest priority)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and successful experience in working with diverse stakeholders and partners required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills; including communicating by phone and in person with clients, community members and organizational partners
- Experience with marketing, event planning, professional social media platforms, training coordination, web management, and/or database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and able to meet deadlines
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to commit to and follow through on projects
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of public health, youth development, effective marketing methods and data management preferred
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural settings preferred
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, EmailMeForm, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, and various social media platforms is preferred
- A driver’s license is required and access to a car is preferred
- Familiarity with Massachusetts geography a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, and a few hours on at least four weekend days per year.
To Apply: To see more information and to apply, submit resume and cover letter of interest here.