Title: User Experience Specialist
Brief Summary of Position:
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information by designing healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. CommunicateHealth employs a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, researchers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. CommunicateHealth is committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of its employees.
CommunicateHealth is looking for a user experience geek with a strong interest in health communication and designing for behavior change. The Specialist is a creative thinker who enjoys solving information architecture and usability problems, and excels at translating user research findings into meaningful content strategy and product development. The Specialist is able to evaluate a variety of products — from full websites to web widgets to mobile apps. A good candidate enjoys working independently and collaboratively, has experience giving and receiving feedback, has outstanding organization skills and attention to detail, and is passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
This is for a full-time salaried position located in either the MA or the DC Metro area.
- Supports public health and healthcare organizations in developing easy-to-use digital products
- Defines product requirements and specifications including developing site maps, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Conducts web analytic assessments and heuristic usability reviews
- Assists with conducting usability and formative research with consumers and professionals
- Coordinates testing logistics, particularly for remote and field-testing activities
- Integrates user research findings into product development including journey maps, task flows, and functional specifications for prototypes
- Works with designers, writers, and developers on information architecture, user interaction, and content strategy recommendations
- Oversees and informs post-production quality control (QC) processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as communication or human-computer interaction, information design, or other related social science
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience conducting usability research with diverse audiences
- Experience developing product requirements including site maps and wireframes
- Experience drafting client-facing reports and deliverables
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers
- Organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with multi-tasking
- Ability to work on tight deadlines with tight turnarounds
- Ability to “think on their feet” and come up with creative and appropriate solutions
- Work well in teams with other highly-qualified professionals in a relaxed, culturally-diverse environment
- Ability to present deliverables, such as wireframes and task flows, to clients
- Experience evaluating health content and tools
- Familiarity with federal plain language guidelines and best practices
- Experience translating technical/medical information into plain language
- Experience developing products for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills
- Experience interacting directly with clients
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2016.
As federal contractors, CommunicateHealth is required to ask applicants to submit a voluntary Demographics form, at www.communicatehealth.com/company/contact/. No personnel selections are made based on this information.