What do Berkshire Health Systems, the Hudson Board of Health, the YMCA of Central MA, and Boston Senior Home Care have in common? They’ve all signed on to a letter supporting the Prevention & Wellness Trust Fund (PWTF)…and we hope your organization will as well.
We invite all of our local, regional, and statewide allies to sign on to this letter calling for re-authorization of the PWT– the first-in-the-nation effort of its kind launched in 2012 after a hard fought effort by MPHA and many allies. Funding for PWTF sunsets in June 2017 unless there is further legislative action. This summer/fall is the time to create a powerful narrative in support of continued funding because the MA legislature will be deliberating it in 2017.
For more information about the PWTF and MPHA’s work to advance it:
- A letter from nine major health policy organizations to bring attention to the importance of the PWTF to achieving MA’s health care goals (6/13/16)
- Media coverage of PWTF informational hearing (State House News, 6/14/16)
- MA highlighted as national leader for prevention & wellness funds (Prevention Institute, 2/2015)
- PWTF: An Innovative Approach to Prevention as a Component of Health Care Reform (Northeastern University)
- PWTF landing page (MA Department of Public Health)