Title: Communications Manager
Organization: Community Resources for Justice
Brief Summary of Position:
CRJ is looking for an energetic, productive, and dynamic Communications Manager to join our busy Advancement Office. The Communications Manager will be an energetic self‐starter, eager to assist our highperforming, nonprofit agency significantly raise our profile. He or she will create dynamic content and, using a multi‐channel strategy, drive it to the field to build brand awareness, reputation and help to create new business opportunities and fundraising success. The Communications Manager reports to the Vice President/Chief Advancement Officer and works closely and frequently with other executive team members and divisional leaders.
- Writes original articles, web stories, social media posts, agency publication copy (e.g. annual report), press releases, media pitches, white papers, marketing materials, and other content
- Edits the selected work of others, distilling longer‐form CRJ content into a length appropriate for various communications channels
- Drives content through existing and yet‐to‐be‐created communications channels including the website, social media, print, email campaigns, and others in order that CRJ stakeholders, potential customers, supporters, the media, government officials and others gain and hold a positive understanding of CRJ’s work
- Evolves and maintains CRJ’s communications assets – particularly the agency website and social media platforms – so that fresh, dynamic content is delivered frequently and is effective in building brand awareness and engagement by others
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Relevant professional experience of five or more years for BA/BS degree holders, or three or more years for holders of an MA/MS degree. Experience should reflect significant accomplishment in most of the following areas: writing, editing, planning, project management, use of social media, and team leadership
- Qualities such as being innovative, hard‐working, pro‐active, and nimble
- Enjoyment of being a part of an organization that values and rewards these traits
- Passion for human service work.
- Inspiration from CRJ’s missions and values
To Apply: To apply, click here.