Title: Manager of Client Advocacy
Organization: AIDS Committee of Massachusetts: Manager of Client Advocacy
Brief Summary of Position:
This position oversees and provides leadership to the Client Advocacy Program at AAC’s Boston location. This includes case management, housing search, stabilization, check-in and transportation services for people living with HIV. This position implements and oversees an algorithm of caseload distribution, and intensity of services provided to clients based on acuity of need.
- Supervises and provides on-going training to a team of up to 10 client advocates and stabilization advocates at the Boston location. Ensures clients receive comprehensive intake/screening, referral and assistance with all levels of case management, housing search, eviction prevention and transportation services. Supervises the Check-in Coordinator to ensure phone based support by Check-in volunteers to clients.
- Monitors caseloads of client and stabilization advocates and ensure proper case distribution and assignment based on acuity of need. Ensures clients with intensive needs, particularly those who are newly diagnosed with HIV or not regularly engaged in care, receive intensive, timely and high quality follow up and services. Works to move clients to a lower intensity of services or discharge as appropriate.
- Ensures all services are provided within the harm reduction framework and are easily accessible to clients in need of services, particularly those who are most impacted by social and economic inequality.
- Ensures proper documentation procedures are maintained to track and monitor services. This includes reviewing electronic client records, including assessment, services plans and efforts, as well as case assignments, report preparation, and expenditure tracking and reconciliation and other paperwork required by the agency and/or funding sources.
- Implements and monitors work-plan and outcome deliverables for program services.
- Develops and maintains a wide-range of resource and health services for people living with HIV/AIDS with a concentration on those who are not connected to care, newly diagnosed, homeless/marginally housed individuals, and substance users.
- Regularly evaluates program efficiency, outcomes and capacity using information gained through consumer feedback, service utilization, outcome, and epidemiological data and other informational sources. Recommends and implements changes, as appropriate.
- Directly responds to client needs and crisis situations as appropriate. Works with other program managers to coordinate daily coverage.
- Works closely with other program managers across sites to ensure the integration, coordination and consistency of services across agency sites.
- Attends and participates in meetings with current and potential collaborating agencies, and current and potential funding sources, as required.
- Enforces agency’s policies and clinical procedures, including safety and crisis procedures.
- Attends program, department and agency meetings and training.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years of supervisory experience including recruitment, training and supporting a diverse workforce required.
- Experiences working with issues related to social and economic inequalities, including issues related to HIV/AIDS, substance use, homelessness, mental health, and bi-lingual, multicultural & GLBT communities.
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS community trends, harm reduction, and at-risk populations and commitment and experience to delivering low-threshold, easily accessible service.
- Strong administrative, report writing and computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, motivated and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience designing and conducting training/workshops, preferred.
To Apply: To apply, click here .