The Massachusetts Public Health Association (MPHA) is a private, non-profit 501c3, statewide membership organization that promotes a healthy Massachusetts through advocacy, education, community organizing, and coalition-building. Our focus is on policies and programs that prevent illness, disease, and injury, particularly among those vulnerable to disparities in health status.
This internship is appropriate for graduate or advanced undergraduate students with experience or training in communications. Intern will work closely with the Policy and Communications Associate.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Helping to maintain a strong and consistent message across multiple platforms, such as our website, print communications, media advocacy, and social media.
- Regularly updating website and blog.
- Formating monthly e-newsletter.
- Assisting in graphic design of reports, fact sheets, and other materials.
- Creating event pages and promotional flyers for events.
- Assisting with communications to our members.
- Tracking media stories on a weekly basis.
- Experience or training in communications – either paid or volunteer
- Strong writing skills
- Graphic design and website design skills
- Experience with social media
- Commitment to public health, prevention, and health equity
Minimum time commitment is one semester for 16 hours/week. Start date is September 6, 2016. All positions are unpaid.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: email@example.com