Title: Health Writer
Brief Summary of Position: CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. It offers design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. CommunicateHealth employs a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. CommunicateHealth is committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of its employees.
CommunicateHealth is looking for an individual to fill its full-time position in Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD. An ideal candidate is a writer/editor with a strong interest in health communication and public health.
- Supports healthcare organizations and federal agencies in developing culturally and linguistically appropriate communications for their members
- Researches a variety of health- and wellness-related topics and distill the most relevant actions and recommendations.
- Develops content for a variety of channels including print, web, and mobile applications.
- Assists writing team with copy editing, reviewing and proofreading for grammatical correctness and compliance with style guides, design requirements and other client-prescribed guidance.
- 1 – 5 years experience.
- BA in Public Health, Health Science, English or Journalism (Preferably also with MPH or related public health masters degree)
- Ability to independently review print and Web materials.
- Familiarity with various style guides, such as the Government Printing Office Style Manual or the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Some experience developing health education materials.
- Familiarity with federal plain language guidelines and best practices.
- Experience developing materials for audiences with limited (health) literacy skills.
- Experience working with graphic designers and web developers.
- Experience with the process of user-centered design.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, 2 writing samples, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 22, 2016.