Title: Director of Consulting Operations
Organization: Common Impact
Brief Summary of Position: Common Impact has built the leading model for skills-based volunteering, connecting talented professionals from global companies to high-potential local nonprofits. As corporate engagement and investment in social challenges deepens, Common Impact is expanding and evolving to meet the new demands of this exciting field.
As Common Impact expands its work, we seek a Director of Consulting Operations who can help us manage and grow our operations. The Director of Consulting Operations will have both an internal and client-facing role, and have the opportunity to partner with Common Impact’s consulting team, its nonprofit clients across mission areas, and its Fortune 500 partners. Common Impact’s corporate partners include some of America’s leading companies such as Charles Schwab, Fidelity Investments, John Hancock, JPMorgan Chase and State Street Corporation.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a mid-career leader with a mix of consulting, management and operational skills to join Common Impact’s talented team, and to expand a proven model of social impact. The successful candidate will be a strategic systems thinker with experience driving results in an entrepreneurial environment. S/he will have a proven track-record of successfully managing a wide range of simultaneous projects; will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and will bring an interest and commitment to working with diverse communities in order to fulfill Common Impact’s mission.
- Oversees the three key corporate-facing service lines: Skills-based project management, strategy consulting, and training labs
- Manages a subset of the operations program staff and maintains high level optics on all of the work currently underway at the organization
- Maintains and evolves current business pipeline operational systems
- Drives strategy for Common Impact’s internal operational systems in partnership with the Manager of Consulting Operations
- Ensures the maintenance and update of financial, technology and business vendors
- Enhances the organizational culture
- Experience in running and streamlining corporate-facing programs and processes
- Ability to make decisions and craft stable but flexible operational plans or systems based on ambiguous information
- 5+ years experience managing, developing and evaluating talent in a client-facing, professional services firm
- Confidence and comfort in a variety of client-facing roles
- Strong leadership, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in consulting
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and directing programs in a high-performing, entrepreneurial, results-oriented environment
- Ability to discuss topics in a variety of service areas, including technology, marketing, financial management, and human resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think critically
- Ability to synthesize information, ask insightful questions, and think and spot trends quickly
- Experience in working with both nonprofits and private sector firms
- Commitment to working with diverse communities and to finding shared goals amongst varying experiences and perspectives
- Enthusiasm about the mission of Common Impact
To Apply: To apply for this position, submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Director of Consulting Operations – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line. For the list of questions to be addressed in the cover letter, click here.
Deadline: June 30, 2016 to receive full and immediate consideration