Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Action for Boston Community Development, Inc., Health Services — Sister to Sister Program
Brief Summary of Position: Manages daily operation of the Sister to Sister program which provides prevention and risk reduction education to the target population in Boston. Part-time position for 21 hours per week.
- Conducts the selected evidence-based intervention with program participants
- Provides daily oversight and monitoring of program activities to assure fidelity to program model and in accordance with funding guidelines
- Organizes peer-driven community events within targeted Boston neighborhoods and partnering organizations to recruit the target population
- Supervises health education and outreach staff in the performance of job responsibilities and monitoring quality of work, including monthly individual supervision, staff meetings and performance evaluation
- Ensures that all educational materials used are approved by the Information and Education Materials Review Committee and as required by program and funding guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Counseling, Social Work or a related field
- One to three years of relevant work experience required
- Experience in supervision of health education staff and volunteers
- Excellent knowledge of HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis prevention and sexual health including general reproductive health, family planning and women’s health
- Demonstrated ability to conduct individual education and counseling sessions
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of outreach strategies including street and venue based outreach and social media
- Ability and experience working in communities of color and with young women of color
- Must be flexible in work hours and locations and possess computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs and internet
- Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
To Apply: Send resume and inquires to email@example.com.