On June 16, 2016, the Massachusetts Health Council is hosting a conference on for the business community on opioids in the workplace. Our Workplaces and the Opioid Epidemic: what we need to know, what we need to do is a response to requests made to the Massachusetts Health Council from management and executives for practical, focused information and action strategies on opioid addiction in the workplace. The majority of people affected by addiction are employed full time. Massachusetts Health Council’s goal is to provide useful information and strategies to the business community, which is one of the sectors that will help turn the tide on this crisis.
The conference will cover:
- The Nature and Scope of Opioid Addiction & What’s Different about this Epidemic
- The Impact of Opioids on Business
- Treatment, Recovery & Prevention
- Managing and Supporting Employees While Keeping the Workplace Safe & Productive
- Legal Considerations: Protecting the Employer & the Employee
Date: June 16, 2016
Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Location: Westin Waltham